As an AWA Affiliate, you receive a username and password with which you can access affiliates-only sections of the AWA website.
Once logged in, you create and control your own workshop listing in our Affiliate Directory. Choose a workshop name (or use your own name), add a photo gallery, describe the workshops you lead and announce any publications you’re excited to share. The listing is straight-forward and customizable! It allows you to have an online presence whether or not you have a website for your work. And if you do have a website, you can direct traffic to it from your listing.
AWA affiliates also receive many other benefits:
- Browse our affiliates-only resource library for AWA-specific tools to enhance your workshop leadership and promote your work.
- Post events to the AWA Events Calendar.
- Enjoy discounted rates on AWA-sponsored events like our Professional Development and Writing Retreat.
- Share a 50-word classified ad, four times a year, in the AWA monthly newsletter (currently reaches over 2,000 readers). We’ll also post it to our social media feeds for added publicity.
- Share your publication news with us, whether your work appears in print or online, for inclusion in the newsletter and promotion within the AWA resource network.
- Use the AWA Affiliate logo in your advertising.
- Attend one of four complimentary Online Post-Certificate Training Sessions offered each year.
- Join a peer mentoring Launchpad group, facilitated by an experienced AWA leader, to receive support and encouragement to achieve your goals.
We are also always listening to our community and using that feedback to further what we offer.
The AWA Affiliate logo is the registered trademark of Amherst Writers & Artists, a recognized symbol of the work AWA represents. Please place the logo on the home page of your website and on materials that advertise your workshops and retreats. By using the AWA logo, you claim membership in an internationally known organization with a recognized brand. Displaying the logo strengthens and supports each Affiliate.
In advertising your workshops, retreats or other events, adhere to the following language:
Mary S. Doe is an AWA Affiliate, certified to lead workshops in the AWA method as described in Writing Alone & With Othersby Pat Schneider, Oxford University Press.
If in the future, you choose not to renew your Affiliate status, the wording on your advertisements would be as follows:
Mary S. Doe, certified in the AWA method, as described in Writing Alone & With Others by Pat Schneider, Oxford University Press.
As an individual or as part of an AWA Chapter that you form or join, you do not have the legal authority to train others to lead workshops using the AWA Method. The license to hold an AWA-certified Training Program lies solely with Amherst Writers & Artists.